Wednesday 18 January 2017

January Process Video

Happy Wednesday!! Welcome to my first month as the video contributor for Scrap It With a Song. Throughout the past few months, I have loved being on the design team and working with the songs for inspiration. Before this, all of my previous work was released with the 1st of the month reveals. Now, you will always find me on the 18th of the month sharing a video for either a tutorial, layout process, or fun project that I create based upon one of the songs. Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion, or something you would like to see in these monthly videos! I would SO appreciate it if you would consider liking, subscribing, and commenting on the videos so that I am able to continue to bring you fun content!

Without further ado...this month I decided to work with the Rock Song from the Eels called Looking Up. I knew that I had some great black and white images from a recent trip to Yosemite National Park that were begging for the title to be Looking Up! Here is the video link or you can keep scrolling!



I combined lots of different elements from some of my favorite companies in order to create a layout that would focus on the image and incorporate the song title as my layout title. I love mixing fonts to create a title that is interesting and draws the viewer into the page. Overlapping that title with my photo, brings the eye directly where I want the focus to be--the photo! Here are a few close-up images to show you some of the details as well.





Make sure that you check out the video where i talk more about how I put this layout together, why I made the design decisions that I made, and where I got all of these gorgeous goodies!

Thanks so much for joining me and I can't wait to see what you create with this month's song inspiration at Scrap It With a Song! Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout and video Khristina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video. I love how simple the layout is but so many layers and embellishments that make it stand out! Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)